Monday, December 29, 2008

The Two Weeks Before Christmas

Sunday, Dec. 14th was the grayest day I think I've ever seen here. Like a thick blanket. It started to snow mid-afternoon. It was a long wait for the LRT at the Mall of America, so I started sketching the man down the platform. He didn't move much, so was a good subject. Click on picture to make larger.



Sunday, Dec. 21 (Solstice) turned out to be a sad day. Our Saturn of 13 1/2 years died on Hwy 169. Celia was driving it home from her friend Eric's house when the engine went over into the red and started knocking. She managed to get it over to the side of the expressway--- but just barely. It was about 10 below 0 out there. Fortunately, Eric came to the rescue and brought her home. Tow trucks would've taken another 2 to 3 hrs to get there. This was drawn while I was waiting in my neighbor's borrowed car for the tow truck to arrive. It's only a car, but I still feel like I've lost a part of the family!

No comments: